Last few days haven’t been too exciting, but this Max Bateman bootleg on Beyonce’s ‘Me, Myself & I’ is. Feels like a slow house track, only misses something in the lower frequencies (Which is probably because of a low bitrate acapella) and a little too much in the mids/highs (snare?). But those are just details. This remix is delicious.
The Magician Kevin Blanc does a nice new rework on Lykke Li Lana Del Rey. (Obligatory reference, does sound a lot like 2011′s ‘I Follow Rivers’ remix..) Still, this is nice to hear. Props to Kevin Blanc for making this work. ‘Young And Beautiful’ is from the Great Gatsby soundtrack. And Kevin Blanc is from France.
Power Soca. Everything about that concept is actually pretty cool, and this remix is really energetic. Major Lazer remixes Macklemore’s ‘Can’t Hold Us’, great original track, amazing artists. And instrumentally, a really fun remix. So far, so good.
But then somewhere in the production process, someone figured to add more vocals. Not Macklemore’s, a brilliant writer. Instead: “So we can do whatever we want, and we can do whatever we like. So we can free the universe.” – Some other vocalist.
This was a brilliant peanut butter sandwich. Someone put his dick in it. Now it’s ruined.
- Crystal Fighters – You & I (Yellow Claw Remix)
- Disclosure – Control (1963 Remix)
- Hourglass Sea – Richard III
Just one today. Bokah aims to be a music magazine that strives ‘to share the best the UK music scene has to offer’. For one, we’ll be following their stuff now. Today they’re sharing ‘Dancing Pianos’, a production by fellow UK producer Joey Mccrilley. Much more interresting than ‘the best from the UK’ (which is a pretty empty term by itself), this is a new name (for us at least) with a really really good sound.
- MeLo-X – Mojitos and Little Dragon
- To whom it may concern – iamamiwhoami; y (Joe Goddard remix)
- Corcovado & Pequeño Baila – Para Ti
- At Dawn We Rage & Secoya – Vienna
- Rose Windows – Wartime Lovers
- Sister Sledge- Lost in Music (Chazzymax Refix)
Today Clara La San assured us that she has more material underway. That is, to follow up on a great new track she premiered yesterday: ‘You’. Borrows samples from 2002′s ‘Half Crazy’ by Def Jam signee Musiq Soulchild. Smooth.
Lots of Phoenix remixes are coming in, which is great. Definite winner of the day is the Weekend Wolves remix, which completely unPhoenixes ‘Trying To Be Cool’. Sort of darker, distorted and has a very good flow.
Benny Kane from the Bristol label APEXAPE Records does a quick blend, using Disclosure’s ‘What’s In Your Head’ and Audiojack’s ‘These Days’. Doesn’t really top either of the original tracks, but it’s a great bootlog.
It’s also nice to write a little bit about An-Ten-Nae again. He picks up that Daughter cover on Daft Punk’s ‘Get Lucky’, adding some very An-Ten-Nae-ish instrumental layers. Makes this cover that much more interesting for the bass-fans.
Furthermore, a huge HM list. Take your time, lots of track in here that are very much worth the listen.
- Phoenix – Entertainment (Zebra Safari Remix)
- Kid Cudi vs. Haruka Nakamura – Lonely Nights (Peter Nelson Mashup)
- Woody – Paperworld
- Phil Collins – In The Air Tonight (Joman 2013 Club Mix)
- Spag Heddy – Ai Carambass
- Point.blank – Pull up
- Cause & Affect – Kamikaze
- Skream – Diam
- Skream – Mood to Funk
- Led Zeppelin – Babe, I’m Gonna Leave You (VOODOO FARM Remix)
- Astre – Plume
- Daft Punk vs. Ellie Goulding – Give Lights Back To Music (Whitenoize Blend)
- Seven Lions ft. Minnesota & Mimi Page – Fevers
- The Other Tribe – We Should Be Dancing (The Soundmen Remix)
- Matthew Mc Anuff – Be Careful – Epeak Remix
- Say Lou Lou – Julian (Lancelot Remix)
- Ciara – Body Party (Them Jeans Remix)
- The Hood Internet – Doin’ It Good (Kanye West x Daft Punk)
- Daft Punk – Doin’ It Right (axisONE Bootleg)
Too good to miss, Crystal Fighters are working towards the release of their second album, ‘Cave Rave’. A new single, ‘You & I’, was released in April this year, accompanied by a free Gigamesh remix that premiered a few weeks later. And that remix has been making waves for almost two weeks now. Still up for download on Gigamesh’s pages.
Soular Order is one producer from Manchester, UK. He picks up a late nineties pop track for remixing purposes: ‘No Scrubs’ by TLC. Short but sweet remix.
- Foxsky – The Whip (Udachi Remix)
- Bloodie – Surcouf
- Craig David – Fill Me In (Teeroc Refix)
- Ciara – Body Party (eLan Remix)
- Rodrigo Carreira – Got It
- Phoenix – Trying To Be Cool (Marc D L Remix)